At HAMLET PROTEIN, we invented a world-class flagship product, developed a unique patent protected technology, and penetrated the global market. Simply put, our employees pioneered an industry. Join us, and together we’ll drive health, profits and performance for our customers.
You can view all open positions or use the following search form to find jobs that suit your specific career interests.
Or, if you prefer, you can simply submit your CV for general consideration.
Click column header to sort
Join the global industry leader in soy based animal feeds and make a difference for young animals worldwide.
At HAMLET PROTEIN you’ll join a family of highly skilled and supportive colleagues! Under the general direction of the Operations Manager and working closely with a cross functional team, the Control Room Operator is responsible for direction of the production process, from the reception of raw material through the production process to the final product silo system. This role drives product quality with responsibility for production operations utilizing industrial control systems (PLC/HMI/SCADA) to monitor and adjust production. Routine activities include performing basic product sample testing and making production adjustments as needed with oversite of the overall production process and equipment.
We Need You to Grow
As our control room operator, you are responsible for the daily production process including but not limited to:
- Utilize the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to control and monitor production operations from the Operations Control Room with the goal of production optimization, efficiency and product quality.
- Following delivery schedules to receive and unload of raw material trucks, bulk bottom hopper trucks, and tanker trucks; ensure entry control procedures are followed.
- Complete sample preparation for laboratory analysis of product ensuring quality control.
- Analysis and diagnosis of process irregularities and equipment failures.
- Completing assigned production line cleaning schedule and additional cleaning assigned as needed.
- Tracking and registration of production irregularities, non-conformities or maintenance related issues, issuing work orders as needed.
- Records management and product specification data for each lot of final product produced.
- Participate in team shift meetings and provide daily communication via crew report and shift notes.
- Perform general equipment inspections, visual checks and basic maintenance as needed
Solid Company, Solid Colleagues
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a manufacturing setting (food processing, feed or feed ingredient experience is a plus).
- Proficient in the use of computers and ERP software with a preference for experience utilizing supervisory and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, programmable logic control (PLC) system panels and human machine interfaces (HMI) software integration screens.
- Experience in identifying and troubleshooting minor mechanical issues.
- Training or knowledge of automated systems, VFDs and quality testing is a plus.
- Experience and certification in forklift and scissor lifts for work performed at heights a plus.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
As an employee at HAMLET PROTEIN, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package and easy access to management in an organization where communication and a high level of information is important to us.
Full Time, rotating 12 hour shift with rotating schedule of day and overnight shifts (6AM – 6PM and 6PM-6AM)
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to utilize electronic communication devices; employee will frequently walk, sit, stand, reach, bend, kneel, and climb (ascends and descends) and must be able to remain alert and present for extended shift work; must be able to lift 50 lbs.; maneuver mechanical aids such as forklifts, aerilal lifts, pallet jack, hand truck, etc.; work in a dusty environment, work in a range of temperatures both indoors and outdoors and sometimes work in confined spaces.
As HAMLET PROTEIN’s new Piglet Nutritionist, you act as the technical advisor to your sales colleagues, drawing on your expertise and deep understanding of the piglet feed sector to provide advisory services to potential and existing customers on maximizing the nutritional and technical properties of our products in feed formulations – and improving welfare for the animals at the same time.
The small scale of our operations provides you with many opportunities to influence product development and collaborate the with research and development department in the development of products to further improve our patented bioconversion process. Through initiation, planning and execution of feeding trials in North America, you establish our market leadership by assisting customers in monitoring feed consistency and quality, feed manufacturing, feed budget compliance and ingredient acquisition.
As an integral member of the team responsible for business development across the territory, you bring the regional expertise in piglet nutrition and thought leadership. You will work closely with the other members of the team to research and evaluate customer nutrition programs, and make recommendations to improve performance and cost of production.
As our subject matter expert on piglet nutrition, you add value to our business and our products by seeking out opportunities to promote and present best practice recommendations to customers and industry leaders via public presentations, conferences and educational seminars.
About Hamlet Protein
Since our inception in 1992, HAMLET PROTEIN’s focus has been on young animal nutrition. We give young chicks, piglets and calves a healthier start in life by providing high quality soy-based protein products. Our pioneer spirit is the driving force in everything that we do. Founded in Denmark, firmly established in the USA and with a focus on sustainability throughout our production, we use American grown soy to produce premium protein animal feed through our globally patented, chemical-free bio-conversion process.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as technical advisor to sales colleagues, providing advisory services to potential and existing customers on maximizing the nutritional and technical properties of Hamlet Protein products in feed formulations.
- Work with sales colleagues to research and evaluate customer nutrition programs and make recommendation to improve performance and cost of production; measure and report out on customer progress.
- Plan and execute feeding trials, including the development of programs to assist customers in the monitoring of feed consistency and quality, feed manufacturing, feed budget compliance, and ingredient acquisition.
- Participate in the sales proposal process and provide technical clarification and negotiation with new customers.
- Proactively identify growth opportunities for Hamlet Protein products.
- Interface with the Research and Development team in the development of products and services for new and existing product lines; seek to develop own internal and external network to strengthen technical insights and further Hamlet Protein product development.
- Seek out opportunities to promote and present best practice recommendations to customers and industry leaders via public presentations, conferences and educational seminars.
Working Hours: Full time
Work Location: US Corporate Office or US Home Office with quarterly travel to the corporate office.
Travel Activity: 50% travel including international travel; candidates must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to obtain a passport.
PhD degree in monogastric nutrition or animal science preferred, minimum of Master's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the swine production and nutrition industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in feed or feed ingredient additives.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating swine diets with a thorough understanding of swine production practices and economic variables in system design.
- Proven record in commercial agricultural business development and client support.
- Strong agricultural business acumen with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present nutritional solutions for the business segment; insights to the broader health factors in swine production.
- Customer focus with the ability to facilitate sales by gaining commitment, building and sustaining client relationships.
- Works with a sense of urgency to facilitate both external and internal customers.
- Analytical capabilities to find root causes of production metrics then develop and apply interventions.
- Team player with the ability to work in a global environment, effectively partnering with and supporting international teams and initiatives.
- Works with a high degree of organization, is detailed-oriented and establishes a standard of excellence.
- Fluent in English with preference for English/Spanish bilingual.
- Ability to leverage business systems such as Microsoft Office, ERP System, Skype for Business.
Get a real chance to feed your brain and influence the future of HAMLET PROTEIN as our new Piglet Segment Manager.
HAMLET PROTEIN is dedicated to continuing our strong growth founded on our products with unique benefits and documentation to support the customer value we offer. We give you the autonomy to drive our segment strategies, value propositions of our global product portfolio, new launches, and setting the direction for our future innovations.
You will join the global Strategic Marketing team reporting directly to the Vice President. Together we’ll drive health, profits and performance for piglets worldwide where a fully penetrated market in our priority business is estimated at 15 times the current market value.
You Play an Active Part in Our Global Piglet Segment Strategy
You are the overall responsible for the global piglet segment strategy, development and execution. Functioning as the segment team leader, you
- Ensure the long term sales growth and profitability targets are achieved (2-4 years targets)
- Build competitive and differentiated product portfolios that address important market needs, are profitable and well documented
- Optimize time-to-launch and time-to-scale of new products and concepts by managing and directing the launch processes
- Secure timely portfolio renewal to cover market needs by setting direction for R&D, prioritizing efforts according to available resources and executing with internal and external partners
- Partner with Regions to drive commercial best practices in a value selling context; Extract knowledge and global best practices from our customer interactions across Regions;
- Provide technical support and training related to product performance to sales and application colleagues as well as selected customers and distributors
You will become part of our Strategic Marketing department working alongside our highly specialized employees in R&D Biotechnology, R&D Animal Nutrition and Segment Management, while also collaborating with skilled sales people and nutritionists to secure optimal execution of strategies. You should expect up to 50 % of your time on business travel.
You Combine In-Depth Field Knowledge with Market Focus
You have a Ph.D or masters in agricultural science, piglet nutrition, health, production or breeding combined with a deep technical understanding of the challenges faced by modern piglet producers and experience in positioning feed ingredients or additives towards these needs. In addition, you need to excel on five parameters to be successful in this role:
- Product positioning and value proposition (producing and articulating the story, interpreting data and selecting the right way to present it, formulating calculating feed cost and associated ROI, etc.)
- Customer understanding (real customer understanding down to how they spend their day and what worries them most/what are their aspirations – and then the associated ability to figure out the match between certain customer segments and what we have to offer)
- Influencing skills (which in this case is another way of saying that we expect you to lead a group of nutritionists with a diverse cultural background without having formal authority over them)
- Communication skills (not the ability to present stuff at a conference (that is assumed) but ability to listen, respond, reformulate, listen…– not only with one individual in one setting but with an entire group over many sessions. So this one is linked to influencing but without a nag for simplifying and drawing conclusions you will explode in complexity)
- Strategizing (ability to think and decide on trade-offs, foresee development of certain segments and their needs, calculate market sizes, build business case arguments, identify trends and act on the implications for our offering, and so on)
Apply in the top right corner – it only takes 2 minutes!
For further information on the position, please call VP R&D and Strategic Marketing Gorm Madsen at +45 75 63 10 20.
Please let us know, if you need any further information about the job: Press this link