At HAMLET PROTEIN, we invented a world-class flagship product, developed a unique patent protected technology, and penetrated the global market. Simply put, our employees pioneered an industry. Join us, and together we’ll drive health, profits and performance for our customers.
You can view all open positions or use the following search form to find jobs that suit your specific career interests.
Or, if you prefer, you can simply submit your cv through "unsolicited application" below.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Page 1 of 1
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
1 month ago(03/01/2020 20:23)
Under the general direction of the Finance Manager, the Financial Controller will be a part of the regional management team in Hamlet Protein Inc. and will be responsible for the day to day finance business by providing support and analysis, and to advise and add value to assist in decision making. The Financial Controller will produce monthly management reports, analysis of the business performance, and will coordinate and assist in the financial planning processes for Hamlet Protein Inc.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly reports to Hamlet Protein Inc. management team
- Analyze business performance variance analysis and explanations behind main performance drivers
- Deliver input (analysis and explanations) for group reporting
- Function as Finance Business Partner for the Hamlet Protein Inc. management team
- Conduct financial planning processes (strategy, budget & forecast) related to Hamlet Protein Inc. in close cooperation with Corporate Finance including data validation, analysis and dialogues with the management team.
- Financial Support of Hamlet Protein Inc.:
- Verify data and calculate input used for the monthly closing activities
- Verify monthly trial balance for Hamlet Protein Inc.
- Verify accrued liabilities and prepaid assets.
- Participate in the monthly closing activities related to Hamlet Protein Inc. including but not limited to:
- Assist with preparation of federal income tax calculation and quarterly estimated payments.
- Process sales and use tax.
- Assist with financial and tax audits including planning and coordination with Corporate Finance and being first point of entry for the external auditors.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of processes and document and monitor internal controls for Hamlet Protein Inc.
- Maintain and file state feed licensing for various states.
- Organize and conduct day-to-day and monthly financial tasks in an effective manner ensuring:
- high quality of financial analysis and reporting.
- internal controls are maintained and adhered to.
- deadlines are kept.
- Master data maintenance (in close cooperation with Corporate Finance
- Reporting and declarations to public institutions
- Collaborate with the global financial team in the work towards automation of manual tasks
- Collaborate with global financial team in the work to enable remote conduct of routine tasks from the shared service center.
- Global finance tasks including master data maintenance (vendors, customers, materials).
- Overall responsibility for bill of materials and costing
- Ad hoc analysis and involvement in group projects.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 5 years of prior experience in Finance or Accounting or similar role.
- Proficient with MS Office and considered a super user of MS Excel
- Experience with ERP systems, finance and accounting software such as Navision, Prophix and Nova.
- Communication – ability to positively communicate across a diverse team; drive communications between the global finance team to regional business unit and plant.
- Initiative– responds quickly; takes action to identify solutions, establish process improvement, systems, and workflows.
- Team Orientation– curious in nature, actively engages with global and local partners; builds collaborative relationships to facilitate goal accomplishment.
- Detail Oriented– vigilantly monitors work for accuracy; approaches work using analytical skills and logic approach.
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
5289 Hamlet Drive, Findlay OH 45840
Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, lift and move up to 10 lbs.
Minimal – Possibility of international travel 5-10 days/year
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
3 months ago(07/11/2019 09:54)
Accelerate Your Growth Today
You don’t have to wait until we advertise the job of your dreams.
If you want to be part of a global organization with Danish roots - and work with the best people in the business, send us your CV here.
And we will be in contact soon!
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
3 months ago(06/11/2019 13:12)
Do you want to join an ambitious company with a funded growth strategy looking to conquer the industry? Are you experienced in sales and animal nutrition? Please check this dynamic position for more information. Client
HAMLET PROTEIN promotes healthy growth and performance of farm livestock through soy-based specialty proteins for young animal feed. Around the world, their products are known to deliver an efficient, high-quality source of vegetable protein with a strong return on investment. The nutritional needs of young animals set the standard for everything HAMLET PROTEIN does. It’s a focus that helps them elevate to the best international practice in young animal feed.
HAMLET PROTEIN is a company with Danish roots and global operations where employees are well informed and close to management because this makes everyone more engaged, agile and ready to change. They are a science-based and forward-thinking company, and teamwork and knowledge-sharing across the organization are key ingredients in keeping them innovative. Hamlet works from a clear and bold strategy, building on organic healthy growth and a clear understanding of what the market needs and what their core business strength is.
As Sales Manager, you are mainly responsible for the sales of the poultry and piglets segment within The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. Through relationship management, you translate customer needs into sales. You analyze and report market developments, trends, new business opportunities and achieved sales results. Together with your colleagues in sales, marketing and R&D you work on strengthening HAMLET PROTEIN image as a leading supplier of proteins within the piglets and poultry industry. You will report directly to the CCO.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Active sales of high-value soya protein and management of the sales channel structure;
- Focus on servicing existing customers as well as expanding the customer base and markets;
- Make strategic plans for market development;
- Maintain close corporation with the Feed Application and Technical Support Teams. Manage the sales portfolio of Dutch, Belgium and German markets;
- Manage distributors;
- Set budgets and estimates;
- Create efficient reports including visit reports, monthly reporting and ad-hoc market reports;
- Develop a competitor analysis.
- Have a relevant technical degree, preferably within agriculture/animal nutrition;
- Have at least 5 years experience with Key Account Management within the animal nutrition industry and success with national/international B2B sales;
- Speak and write English, German and Dutch fluently;
- Understand the feed industry and have technical or nutritional knowledge on monogastric;
- Understand the customers’ demands and challenges;
- Naturally think outside the box, seek possibilities and find solutions, no-nonsense mentality;
- Inspiring and competent communicator;
- Team player who gets on at all levels of an organization;
- Are capable of closing the order and of working strategically with markets/customers.
Netherlands 40% / Germany 40% / Belgium 20%
HAMLET PROTEIN offers you an exciting job with responsibilities and challenges in a dynamic company with a strong focus on innovation. You can count on a competitive and attractive salary with non-statutory benefits.
Please apply with NoMilk2Day through this link: https://nomilk2day.nl/nl/vacatures/718/sales-manager-poultry-en-piglets
(Application sent through iCIMS for this position will not be considered. All applications go through NoMilk2Day at the above link.
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
5 months ago(11/09/2019 13:07)
As HAMLET PROTEIN’s new Piglet Nutritionist, you act as the technical advisor to your sales colleagues, drawing on your expertise and deep understanding of the piglet feed sector to provide advisory services to potential and existing customers on maximizing the nutritional and technical properties of our products in feed formulations – and improving welfare for the animals at the same time.
The small scale of our operations provides you with many opportunities to influence product development and collaborate the with research and development department in the development of products to further improve our patented bioconversion process. Through initiation, planning and execution of feeding trials in North America, you establish our market leadership by assisting customers in monitoring feed consistency and quality, feed manufacturing, feed budget compliance and ingredient acquisition.
As an integral member of the team responsible for business development across the territory, you bring the regional expertise in piglet nutrition and thought leadership. You will work closely with the other members of the team to research and evaluate customer nutrition programs, and make recommendations to improve performance and cost of production.
As our subject matter expert on piglet nutrition, you add value to our business and our products by seeking out opportunities to promote and present best practice recommendations to customers and industry leaders via public presentations, conferences and educational seminars.
About Hamlet Protein
Since our inception in 1992, HAMLET PROTEIN’s focus has been on young animal nutrition. We give young chicks, piglets and calves a healthier start in life by providing high quality soy-based protein products. Our pioneer spirit is the driving force in everything that we do. Founded in Denmark, firmly established in the USA and with a focus on sustainability throughout our production, we use American grown soy to produce premium protein animal feed through our globally patented, chemical-free bio-conversion process.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as technical advisor to sales colleagues, providing advisory services to potential and existing customers on maximizing the nutritional and technical properties of Hamlet Protein products in feed formulations.
- Work with sales colleagues to research and evaluate customer nutrition programs and make recommendation to improve performance and cost of production; measure and report out on customer progress.
- Plan and execute feeding trials, including the development of programs to assist customers in the monitoring of feed consistency and quality, feed manufacturing, feed budget compliance, and ingredient acquisition.
- Participate in the sales proposal process and provide technical clarification and negotiation with new customers.
- Proactively identify growth opportunities for Hamlet Protein products.
- Interface with the Research and Development team in the development of products and services for new and existing product lines; seek to develop own internal and external network to strengthen technical insights and further Hamlet Protein product development.
- Seek out opportunities to promote and present best practice recommendations to customers and industry leaders via public presentations, conferences and educational seminars.
Working Hours: Full time
Work Location: US Corporate Office or US Home Office with quarterly travel to the corporate office.
Travel Activity: 50% travel including international travel; candidates must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to obtain a passport.
PhD degree in monogastric nutrition or animal science preferred, minimum of Master's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the swine production and nutrition industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in feed or feed ingredient additives.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating swine diets with a thorough understanding of swine production practices and economic variables in system design.
- Proven record in commercial agricultural business development and client support.
- Strong agricultural business acumen with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present nutritional solutions for the business segment; insights to the broader health factors in swine production.
- Customer focus with the ability to facilitate sales by gaining commitment, building and sustaining client relationships.
- Works with a sense of urgency to facilitate both external and internal customers.
- Analytical capabilities to find root causes of production metrics then develop and apply interventions.
- Team player with the ability to work in a global environment, effectively partnering with and supporting international teams and initiatives.
- Works with a high degree of organization, is detailed-oriented and establishes a standard of excellence.
- Fluent in English with preference for English/Spanish bilingual.
- Ability to leverage business systems such as Microsoft Office, ERP System, Skype for Business.