Job Title: Plant Manager - Findlay, Ohio
Manager: Head of Operations – Horsens, Denmark
At Hamlet Protein we promote health, welfare and performance of farm livestock thorugh soy-based specialty proteins for you animal feed. Around the world, our products are know to deliver an efficient, high quality source of vegetable protein with a strong return on investment.
As the Findlay, Ohio Plant Manager you will provide leadership for all aspects of the plant operations to include production efficiency, product quality, regulatory compliance, physical asset management, supply chain effectiveness, cost control, workplace safety, and team leadership and development. As a member of the HACCP team, the Plant Manager will take ownership for ensuring production quality standards are met while having full accountability for production, budget and cost targets, process improvement and manufacturing optimization.
- With strategic focus, leads and directs all aspects of day-to day operations in the plant including daily production, maintenance, quality control, planning and logistics, and project execution.
- Provide direct oversight for the operations management team including production, maintenance, warehouse, quality and logistics along with a strong connection to both finance and human resources.
- Develop and execute plant-specific strategic objectives to assure continuous improvement and alignment with global objectives.
- Develop and manage facility budget including capital expenditures and cost management.
- Develop systems and processes that optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to minimize waste and labor costs.
- Ensure all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded while seeking continuous process and manufacturing improvements.
- Works in collaboration with global functions including Research and Development in product development and implementation to ensure plant capabilities and production feasibility are understood and addressed.
- Maintains and adheres to quality standards in the plant that satisfy the requirements of ISO 22000.
- Interview, hire, train and develop employees in support of a culture of high functioning, engaged team.
- Direct plant operational polices and procedures, Leads plant safety initiaves and instills safety based behaviors in constant pursuit of zero time lost-time and incidents.Is the primary contact with local authorities and ensures adherence to all legal and regulatory aspects of running the operation: OSHA, EPA, Department of Agriculture, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required (i.e. Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Operations).
- 5+ years’ prior manufacturing experience required, preferably feed/food/chemical related processing plant.
- Demonstrated progressive leadership growth with 4+ years’ experience in a significant leadership role in a plant required.
- Manufacturing experience in a feed, food, chemical, soy or ethanol refining or related processing plant.
- Technical Knowledge and Skills – Experience with bioprocessing or related industrial production (crushing, refinery, ethanol production, etc.); experience with large scale production equipment, automation, troubleshooting, repairs, and oversite of key vendors; combined technical and process (chemistry, bioprocess) understanding important to have success in this position.
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals; facilitates goal accomplishment and provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to team accomplishments; listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents; models commitment and demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Prioritizes, determines project/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed; leverages resource and takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently; coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Innovative - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Practical Conditions Regarding the Job
General business hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30 pm. However, the plant operates in a very lean capacity on a 24-7-365 schedule. The Plant Manager is expected to support and be available should the need arise.
5289 Hamlet Drive Findlay, Ohio 45840
Approximately 10 days includes local, domestic and international